Thursday, December 6, 2012

Surrender Is Where It Starts

God laid the gist of these words on my heart today saying that I have a choice to surrender my pride, fear, and desires of being self-sufficient and rest in my identity in Him  or I can surrender to the battle or temptation that encompasses me because I tried to fight it alone.
The ultimate battle is the battle for my heart: Who will I place on the throne of my heart today?

In the midst of this struggle
all that I can do
Is press forward and keep on fighting
while trying not to lose
With weapons raised, and shots fired
my instincts say to hide
But all that fear has taught me
is how to turn a blind eye
Clothed in defeat, I stand alone
with an army coming my way
Taunting, laughing, marching on
holding chains that say my name
With this, I am so familiar--For I see this everyday
An enemy that desires to have my heart
and use it as a tool,
to convince me of lies, bow to his desires
and place him on a throne to rule
My efforts fail, my heart--too frail, to keep on fighting through
I lift my hands, let out a cry, "Jesus! Come to my rescue.."
The army screams, falls down to its' knees
and the enemy quickly departs
He says, "My child, this isn't a battle of flesh and blood
It's a battle to win your heart. 
--Surrender Is Where It Starts."

No comments:

Post a Comment